Characters/Font Changes - Forum

Forum Navigation
VisualNEO Products: Web, Win and PixelNEO
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Characters/Font Changes

Hi,

Please help me with this: I have a problem with some special characters (in European languages).

For example, the txt file contains something like (see atachments) "00-read", but the program shows "01-write".

How do I correct this?

Thank you!

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

@marius-manic would you please be so kind to attach a sample app (you can upload a .zip file with the necessary .pub and .txt files) so we can understand better the problem.

Thank you!

It is really a general problem for me, I work with some languages with special characters (Italian, French, German) and I don't know what to do to see those special characters displayed exactly like that in the publication. I tried changing the language codes etc. with no result.

Thank you!

Uploaded files:

Hi @marius-manic, just save the .txt file under ANSI codification instead of UTF8.
Please see attached image and sample app.

Regards.

Uploaded files:

Thank you for your support.

It is better, but not quite there yet. Better because now I can read the original characters (previously there was gibberish instead). But saving in ANSI just takes the accents away.

For now, it's ok... I will find later some other ways to approach this matter.

Uploaded files:

@marius-manic VisualNEO Win doesn't support Unicode.
It's a known limitation and one of the reasons I allways recommend VisualNEO Web instead for advanced projects.
Sorry!

@marius-manic

You can programmatically convert UTF8 files to ANSI using the plugin:

zmFunctions 1.0b (Peter Pavlov)

zmConvertString "Utf8ToAnsi" "[txt]" "[txt2]".

The plugin is here.

Open chat
Do you need more info?
Hi, do you have any doubt?