Chrome for VN Win - Forum

Forum Navigation
VisualNEO Products: Web, Win and PixelNEO
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Chrome for VN Win

I'm sure everyone who uses VNWin / NeoBook would agree.... the most severe limitation is the lack of a decent Web interface.   I've been waiting a long time for an option to the on board IE interface, as we all know IE is fairly useless.

In as much as Chrome offers open source code, I am very surprised that no one has yet to do this.  I know it's a hefty payload (large size) but in todays high bandwidth iNet I don't see this as an issue.

Such a plugin would not only be able to load a page using the Chrome engine, but it would need full interface ability for all the hooks the current IE interface offers, and perhaps more such as what Alberto's IE plugins did (find and replace, block keywords in body text or URL, load from variable, etc).

I am absolutely sure that users would line up for such a plugin.  I for one would surely be on board with it.

Cheers

@rcohen This is a recurrent discussion here. We are all waiting for Microsoft to release the WebView2 final version within Edge Chromium and then try to solve this.

Regards.

This is the first I"m hearing about this.   Great news for sure.

Surely put me on the list to purchase this when it becomes available.

Hello,@rcohen
I have written the Chrome plugin as a test, but I am very busy now.

I will put a sample of it here as soon as possible.

Regards

Quote from farhad2008 on July 12, 2020, 10:44 pm

Hello,@rcohen
I have written the Chrome plugin as a test, but I am very busy now.

I will put a sample of it here as soon as possible.

Regards

That's great news....    Did you ever use any of Alberto's plugins for NB ?    Some of the features that worked with IE only would be a fantastic add on for your plugin....     I do hope you're shooting for a commercial release ;-)

Cheers

rcohen

Open chat
Do you need more info?
Hi, do you have any doubt?