dbPro Connection String - Forum

Forum Navigation
Climate strike banner
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

dbPro Connection String

I'm sorry if this is not the right place for dbpro questions. I didn't see where to put it.

My question is how to properly use a hosted database. I have tried using connection strings from multiple MySQL database hosts. I have a database on azure, azure provides connection strings but they dont work inside visualNeo Win. I also tried a couple of other hosts just to see if it was strictly an Azure issue. The string I am trying to work with is.

Driver={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};Server=tcp:m****db1.database.windows.net,1433;Database=testdb;Uid=m*****@m****db1;Pwd={your_password_here};Encrypt=yes;TrustServerCertificate=no;Connection Timeout=30;

I get a message "Could not find installable ISAM"

If I click OK anyways and reopen the properties window, the string has been formatted like this:

Driver={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server}
Server=tcp:m****db1.database.windows.net,1433
Database=testdb
Uid=ma*****@m***db1
Pwd={*******}
Encrypt=yes
TrustServerCertificate=no
Connection Timeout=30

What am I doing wrong here? Any help is greatly appreciated

In case anyone else has some issues (specifically with azure sql db) I was finally successful. You have to do a few preliminary steps before you're able to connect.

1. download the proper ODBC driver and install it (check what azure is using - at this time it is using ODBC 17 driver)
  2. inside NeoDBPro / Open Database choose Advanced Connection Wizard
  3. Under the Provider Tab use Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
  4. Go to the Azure Portal and then to SQL Databases. Click the database you want to connect to.
    1. In the Overview click Show database Connection Strings
    2. Click the ODBC tab and copy the string
  5. Under the Connection tab in NeoDBPro choose the "use connection string" option and paste the string in there
    1. you will likely have to manually enter your password into the string
  6. Enter your login credentials in section 2, even though they are already in the string
    1. while testing, best to check Allow Saving Password

This way I was able to connect to an azure sql database. I am not certain about all functionality but so far I can create a table (as long as it doesn't contain a picture field)but I haven't tested beyond this.

hi,

why neobookdbpro not work on win7 64bit ?

thanks

I have bad experience with MSSQL server and DBPro connection, just refuse to connect, no matter which driver, OS etc...

But I think problem is MSSQL, not DBPro, because, ALL other connections, even a complicated one like Oracle Tables, MariaSQL and some exotic SQL databases works without problems....

If someone have solution, I'll be grateful!

Quote from farhad2008 on August 8, 2019, 4:53 pm

hi,

why neobookdbpro not work on win7 64bit ?

thanks

I don't know, in my case NebookDBPro/Neobook work without problems in all environments - from XP 'til Windows 10, no matter if  Windows are 32 or 64 bit...