full tutorial - Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

full tutorial

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to have a full tutorial about use of MySQL, from A to Z...
I started to use phpMyadmin.
Can someboby can create a tutorial from database in phpMyadmin and the use of it in VisualNeoWeb ( I am a real newbie, but I do want to learn !)
Than you.
Denis

@cdy44-2

I am a real newbie, but I do want to learn !

This could be a good place to start ... https://www.w3schools.com/sql/ ... just remember Rome (nor proficiency with SQL) was not built in a day !!!

CDY@44 has reacted to this post.
CDY@44

Thank you Gaev, I will check this.

The more difficult part is how to work  with database in Visualneo web. I try examin closely the sample "neophosimplestdatabase", but I must admit that it is not clear at all for me...
I saw the file with extension .db. This is I presume the database. How to create this file ? Is it possible with phpmyadmin ?
Sorry to be so silly ! I used easily the old "Neobook" with "NeoBook DBpro", it was clearer in my mind...
I really want to succed to use database in VisuaNeo Web !
regards,
Denis

Hi @cdy44-2

Some useful information here:

• VisualNEO Web can work with SQLite and MySQL databases
  • Both databases (and many others) use SQL to manage the information.
  • SQLite is quite more simple and probably better to start learning than MySQL
  • SQLite databases are stored in a single file, as the one you can see in "neophpsimplestdatabase" sample app.
  • Check the main menu: Tools > SQLite Browser. There is a simple SQLite database manipulation software.

I know it's a bit different here than in "NeoBook" or VisualNEO Win but you will succed for sure. We are here to help!
Best regards.

Hi Luis,
Thank you !
I have found "phpLiteAdmin" to create SQLite database.
I will start to learn basics of SQL language.
I will try to see how read/write data in the database in VisualNeo web, I think I need to use SQL language.
With your simple explanations, things became a bit clearer !
I really do like VisualNeo Web !!
best regards,
Denis

Hi Luis,

I uploaded the sample "the simplest sample using a DataBase". It works on the software server, but not online. No effect on button click...
I saw the discussion about remote access issue "Problema con DB remota", but I must admit that it was not so clear to me again :(
The PHP version on my domain is PHP 7.0x
I use Planethoster to locate my domain.
I am sorry to allways ask help...
Best regards,
Denis

I updated to PHP 7.4 and check that SQLITE PDO is activated and SQLIT3 is also checked...

Hi Denis,

It's impossible to say what's happening without more information.
Try to check if the callback subroutine is executed after a SQL using an AlertBox and put there the data returned from server:

AlertBox "Data returned from server:" "[Data]" ""

neoPHP will send an error and perhaps we get some clue.
Be sure to upload all the required files (config.php, neofuncions.php and the database)
There are a myriad of hosting services each one with it's own characteristics but the requirements for VisualNEO Web apps to work are really simple.

Hi Luis,
The message I have is "undefined"...

Are you using [Data] as the return variable?
May I have a look at your project?

Hi Luis,
Here is the URL where you can see it. In fact, I have just uploaded your example to see how it works online.
I have just added

AlertBox "Data returned from server:" "[Data]" ""

in the PushButton1

http://media44.fr/ddbase/#!/Home

Hi Denis,
That's not the correct place.
Please go to Project > Subroutines > parseData and add this code in the first line:

AlertBox "Data returned from server:" "[data]" ""

Note I'm using [data] and not [Data]
This way we will have some clue about the server response.
The PushButton1 code should remain:

neoPhpExecSql "db1" "loadTable" "" "parseData"

Also please let me know the whole list of files uploaded to the server.
Thanks!

Hi Luis,
I apply your suggestion.
Files uploaded : sampledatabase.db, php.ini, neofunctions.php, index.html, config.php and the folders css, fonts, img, js, temp

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

We are not getting any response from the server at all...
Before uploading the files to the server, stop the local web server (neoPHP Server). Then you will see how php.ini file and temp folder will desapear as they are only necessary for the local web server to work properly.
So, please delete the php.ini and temp folder from your server.
It will probably work. If not, I will need to see phpinfo(), just upload a file with name "configuracion.php" to your server, with this content:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

It will allow us to know your server capacities.

It's done. Do you need the link ?

configuration.php

All seems to be fine.
Have you changed anything on config.php?
Did you delete the uploaded php.ini file?
I can't think on any other possible problem.

I didn't change the content of config.php.

php.ini deleted

Very strange...

Hi Luis,
Using the console in Chrome give these errors :

/favicon.ico:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

/ddbase/neofunctions.php:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

POST http://media44.fr/ddbase/neofunctions.php 403 (Forbidden) jquery.min.js:2 

Well, this is the problem then:

/ddbase/neofunctions.php:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

It seems, for any reason your server is blocking access to the php fucntions file.

Open chat
Do you need more info?
Hi, do you have any doubt?