VisualNEO Web. Version 21.12.28 released - Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

VisualNEO Web. Version 21.12.28 released

MINOR VERSION UPDATE

Free update for previous version VisualNEO Web users.

Software: VisualNEO Web
Version: 21.12.28

This is a minor version update with some enhancements and bug fixes.

Core updates:

• New Background properties

• background-size
    • background-position
    • background-blend-mode
  • Background properties now have better value lists

Bug fixes:

• Actions Panel have a greater minimum width size.
  • Compile to Chrome App and to Desktop EXE are now disabled as they didn't work anymore.

Download from:
https://visualneo.com/download

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thank you!

Vadim, Ivanes82 and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
VadimIvanes82farhad2008javadrajabihakami

UPDATE (2021/12/29):
Compile to Chrome App and to Desktop EXE are now disabled as they didn't work anymore.

@luishp

Thank you so much for the rapid development of the program!!!

@luishp Is this change permanent.

Is this change permanent.

@neal-stone I think so. Chrome Apps doesn't exist anymore and Internet Explorer based Desktop apps don't make much sense today.
As we can use neoEdge, NWjs and third party compilers like this one and this one, I think it makes non sense keeping these features. Additionally .EXE compiling didn't work correctly.

Vadim has reacted to this post.
Vadim

Just as long as I can still do phone apps and web sites. I was still able to compile to EXE, but can assume this won't be much longer?  I can always use VisuaNeo Win for that anyway. I will check out the EXE compilers or can I just create a browser to run my HTML code with Visual Win?

So will I still be able to make desktop apps?

Hi @neal-stone, I know the question was for Luis, but I would like to try to help too, in this matter. Executables created with the option "Windows Desktop Application (EXE)" were based on the Internet Explorer engine, an outdated product that has barely been used for a long time. The best option for a Windows desktop application, in my view, is to use "NeoEdge", which even allows you to use VisualNeo Win commands together.
If you want applications for Linux and MacOS as well, you have the option of using NWjs.

Then the answer would be "Yes", you will still be able to make desktop apps, much more powefull ones.

luishp and Vadim have reacted to this post.
luishpVadim

Sweet.  That answers my question and is awesome.  Part of my bragging about VisualNeo Web was the multiple platform support.  Nobody gonna miss Chromium.  LOL

luishp and Vadim have reacted to this post.
luishpVadim

@eduardovolpi Thank you so much.  Been playing with NeoEdge and NW.js and am impressed in how well they work and how my effects all work that didn't work in EXE files.

Vadim and EduardoVolpi have reacted to this post.
VadimEduardoVolpi
Open chat
Do you need more info?
Hi, do you have any doubt?