VisualNEO Win. Version 21.9.9 - Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

VisualNEO Win. Version 21.9.9

Page 1 of 4Next

MINOR VERSION UPDATE

Free update for previous version VisualNEO Win users.

Software: VisualNEO Win
Version: 21.9.9

After some unwanted delays we are really happy to announce this new VisualNEO Win version.
This is a minor version update with some improvements:

New Commands:

• RegistryKeyDel. Delete a key from a section in the Registry.
  • RegistryReadKeyList. Read a Registry-section key list.
  • RegistryReadSectionList.  Read a list of all Registry-sections.
  • HashString. Get several different Hash-string from a string. Hashing is the process of transforming any given key or a string of characters into another value. This is usually represented by a shorter, fixed-length value or key that represents and makes it easier to find or employ the original string. Hashing is relevant to, but not limited to, data indexing and retrieval, digital signatures, cybersecurity and cryptography.
  • HashFile. Get several different Hash-string from a file or stream. Hashing is an algorithm that calculates a fixed-size bit string value from a file. A file basically contains blocks of data. Hashing transforms this data into a far shorter fixed-length value or key which represents the original string. The hash value can be considered the distilled summary of everything within that file.
  • GUID. Get a GUID. GUID technically stands for globally unique identifier. What it is, actually, is a 128 bit structure that is unlikely to ever repeat or create a collision. Use guids when you have multiple independent systems or clients generating ID's that need to be unique. For example, if I have 5 client apps creating and inserting transactional data into a table that has a unique constraint on the ID, then use guids. This prevents having to force a client to request an issued ID from the server first.

New Functionalities

• Secure external .dll plugin loading with Hash.
    Avoids loading a modified external .dll plugin into your compiled apps.
  • Now it's possible to Deactivate and Activate plugins.
    This allows to load only with the necessary ones for each project. Note that your executable will only include the used plugins and not the loaded ones. You can now export the plugin list for your project in a special
    *.pini file. If you place a project.pini file within the same folder of your project.pub file it will be loaded automaticaly if they both have the same name. To Import/Export plugin-configuration to *.pini files use the buttons Import and Export.

• New config option for tools: %c its parameter marks a tool as a external script editor.
    The action editor gets a new button the start the external editor. Before it starts the complete code of the action editor gets copied to clipboard. This allow the external editor to insert the code via its command-line option.
  • New hidden variables.
    [*/*PluginFileList]
    [*/*PluginInfoList]

Updated Online Help:

https://winhelp.visualneo.com

Updated .pdf and .chm included help files.

Download from:
https://visualneo.com/download

Again this update would have been impossible without the hard work of the great german developer Hans-Peter @hpw
Let us know if you encounter any issue.
Thanks a lot!!

Vadim, dglojnar and 8 other users have reacted to this post.
Vadimdglojnarmishemfarhad2008CDY@44CN_IcemannoyzenemosusanKrakerman

@hpw
@luishp

Thank you so much!!! Very useful features!!! This is awesome!!!

luishp and noyzen have reacted to this post.
luishpnoyzen

Thanks! gooooood job <3

Happy to see VisuaNEO WIN getting updates!

Regards.

Note:

I'm runing VisualNEO Win on my Linux and also compiled Applications run smoothly using Wine on Linux.

luishp, HPW and Robert Marquardt have reacted to this post.
luishpHPWRobert Marquardt

Русификатор в прикреплении для версии 21.9.9

Положить файлы в папку с программой. Например: C:\Program Files\VisualNeoWin

English

Russian language pack attached for version 21.9.9

Put the files in the program folder. For example: C:\Program Files/VisualNeoWin

@hpw

In the Plug-In Installer window, if you add an unregistered plug-in after a registered one, "Registered Version" is displayed is not missing.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Vadim has reacted to this post.
Vadim

@mishem

Thank you so much!!! What would we do without you!

@hpw

Uploaded files:

@vadim проверяй! Времени нет. Все на скорую руку... :(

English
@vadim check! There's no time. All in a hurry... :(

Hello,

>In the Plug-In Installer window, if you add an unregistered plug-in after a registered one, "Registered Version" is displayed is not missing.

Not very clear to me. Maybe the translation. I have to try to reproduce the problem.

Regards

Hans-Peter

@hpw

Uploaded files:
luishp has reacted to this post.
luishp

Hello,

Thanks for the details! I will have a look.

Regards

Hans-Peter

luishp and CDY@44 have reacted to this post.
luishpCDY@44

Thank you for your work about VisualNeo Win Hans-Peter !!

hi,luisp

Thank you very much

Regards

Great !

Thank you @luishp and @hpw

@hpw

Hans-Peter, good time! How difficult is it to add integration with GitHub to VisualNEO Win? So that it would be possible by pressing a button (or, for example, through the Tools menu) in VisualNEO Win to send the project to GitHub and update it there.

Hello @vadim,

I do not much know about GitHub.

So not easy to say what is possible.

Do you have details about the API/Calls which would be needed for GitHub?

Any sort of internet-link should be possible.

And do you want to use GitHub for exchanging pub files?

Regards

Hans-Peter

Vadim has reacted to this post.
Vadim

Hello @hpw

Worked in the program a little bit, noticed some points.
I don't know, maybe it's been written before, so sorry if I'm repeating myself.
When a plugin is added by double-clicking, a new window opens. When you open a project, a new window opens. If you open the project after adding a plugin, the plugin is not yet in the window and you have to add it manually. It creates some inconvenience. If you can, please make sure that the plugin is registered in the registry as soon as it was added.

Embedded files...
When you click Add Relative Path and then click Cancel, the string is still added. Please pay attention to this.

Can't the old, local help system go back? Or a way to combine it so that you can choose to use it online or offline. Or as a last resort, at least add the ability to bring up a help file from the Help menu. It is very uncomfortable for new users to search for I don't know what, I don't know how, I don't know why. It was very convenient when the help opened in the right section immediately.

Thank you for the new actions. I would like very much that would be added actions of work with multi-line data, windows, hotkeys...

Thank you for the continued development of the program.

Vadim and iretz have reacted to this post.
Vadimiretz

Hello,

If you can, please make sure that the plugin is registered in the registry as soon as it was added.

I noticed that behaviour when I worked on the pini-support.

And yes the registry is updated on VNW shutdown. I will add a sooner update,

When you click Add Relative Path and then click Cancel, the string is still added. Please pay attention to this.

I will check it. Seems a bug.

Can't the old, local help system go back?

A question for Luis. First we need the CHM file with the help topics. And the it seems quite some work to reaktivate it.

I would like very much that would be added actions of work with multi-line data, windows, hotkeys...

Can you be more specific. Make a draft of your wished actions. And do we have them in current plugins?

When an action is in a commercial plugin offer, then we would kill that business item.

Just some thoughts. ;-)

Regards

Hans-Peter

Hello,

A question for Luis.

@luishp,

A local help file is badly needed. This is the kind of program where you constantly need to refer to the help system. On the Internet of course is good, but for non-English speaking users it's a problem. First of all, it does not open immediately in the right section as it was in the NB. Secondly, the translation loses its meaning, variables, commands, etc. are translated, and if experienced users can still understand the meaning, new users simply can not even find the information they need.

@hpw

First we need the CHM file with the help topics. And the it seems quite some work to reaktivate it.

There's an NB help file that worked just fine. All you need to do, (I think so) is change the name of the program and the developer and compile it back. At this point of course we will have to add new information.

And the it seems quite some work to reaktivate it.

Everything was working fine, though. Maybe we just need to bring it back. I'm just guessing, the decision is yours of course. I just think there will be more than one more time to come back to this issue. Online help is a lot of inconvenience, and we have to wriggle around as best we can.

Vadim added to the tools, I put to the plugin which has no help and renamed the help file to the name of the plugin, that it would be displayed in the Help menu. It's not convenient, but at least it's a way out.

And do we have them in current plugins?

I meant your plug-ins. hpwControl and hpwSendKeys.

Make a draft of your wished actions.

The list is attached. :)

When an action is in a commercial plugin offer, then we would kill that business item.

I don't want to offend anyone.

I have a collection of about 400 plugins. Of the paid, I can name 5-10 plugins that are really worthy of attention. And I think I overestimated that number. Of the free ones, 20-30. There are a lot of non-workers. Sooner or later errors pop up and plugins crash. So many of the same. Every new developer takes the same component, wraps it in their beautiful shell and tries to sell it as great art.

In my opinion, it is better the money that people invest in paid plug-ins, let them transfer you for the program. And on much more convenient when the necessary commands are in one place rather than carry around a luggage of several files, which are on one necessary command.

And the developers of paid plug-ins, let them spend their time to develop a really serious and useful plug-ins, rather than copying one and the same from each other.

Again, I don't want to offend anyone. Just thinking out loud. You can see it all for yourself.

Uploaded files:
iretz has reacted to this post.
iretz

The picture shows a list of commands that are desirable to add to the program. Some people are not even aware of the existence of this plugin, and this is the plugin that should be installed on everyone's computer. Or commands are added to the program.

Vadim and iretz have reacted to this post.
Vadimiretz

Another thing that is sorely lacking is a mouse monitor, keyboard, clipboard, file search, text encoding change, etc. But I think the mouse monitor is a challenge. The zmFunctions plugin has a mouse monitor, but the global one has stopped working. From this plugin you could also take a lot of actions that are needed in the program itself. Peter died and support for this plugin ceased. This is also one of those plugins that every user should have.

I could make a huge list. :)

iretz has reacted to this post.
iretz
Page 1 of 4Next
Open chat
Do you need more info?
Hi, do you have any doubt?