Adding More Fields to "Telephone Listing Database" PHP/SqLite Demo.. - Page 3 - Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Adding More Fields to "Telephone Listing Database" PHP/SqLite Demo..

PreviousPage 3 of 3

@linda-rainey I have updaed the executable again.
I think it should work now. Please confirm and sorry for the inconveniences.

https://visualneo.com/filedownloads/beta/VisualNeoWeb.exe

Thanks again.

Luis.

Linda Rainey has reacted to this post.
Linda Rainey

Luis...

Yes.. Yes.. Yes.. It works... and a log is included...

BUT!.. I can't login using the login I had with Config.php .. how do I make it login..

And don't be sorry for the inconveniences.  .. you are using your time on a day off to help me....

Linda

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hello Luis...

The android compile and build is working great with no issues at VoltB.. but I can't sign in when downloading the app to try ... it is in a Debug APK I asked George someone like you if they did this at their end (voltB) and this was their reply... so I am at a loss to sort it...

Regards

Linda..

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

@linda-rainey

Linda, if you use Volt Builder, instead of pwabuilder.com, it's important to understand how it works:

Your project is compiled into an Android .apk or .bundle file. It embeds all of your HTML, CSS, JavaScript and image files to be installed into the final user device. BUT it can't embed nor execute server side scripting files like .php files. As you have used neoPhp, you need to execute .php files. That's possible, but you need to do that in your remote server. So, your final user downloads and install the compiled app, but your app connects to your remote server in order to ask for permission to access. You must use the command neoPhpSetPath to configure your app to connect to your remote host whenever a neoPhp execution is required. Of course the database is not in the final user device, but in your web hosting.

If you use pwabuilder.com to generate the .apk or .bundle Android app instead, things are quite different. All the files, including HTML, CSS, JavaScript and image files are hosted in your own server and are downloaded and cached into the user device. In this case you don't need to use neoPhpSetPath as all files have the come from the same location.

Note that PWA's doesn't need to be compiled into Android apps. They are already installable. That's just for convenience in case you whant to publish them into the App Stores.

I know this is confusing at first. This is because there are many options for app deployment.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

Luis

Linda Rainey

Luis.. as always well described..

My 1st reason for using VisNeo was for PWA webs run on any phone... which your VisNeo does with ease..

I went down the Android way as a last resort so each apk install has the same database on each user and is kept on their phone...

all fine if you only need an occasional app residing on your own website..

However in my case I make apps to sell.. my "Hobby3000" Range has over 135... made in Adalo (when apps were unlimited)  and the problem with a PWA on your own hosted site is one app "Detector3000" (shall use this one as a demo)... it has one database.. with a login... great for just one user.. or for any users who want to share that database with the same login...

In my case I want the same... but many users to use the one "Detector3000" and its database .. BUT! all users have their own Login.. and database is private to each user (Not Shared) all from the one "Detector3000" PWA...

If that makes sense to you.. your NeoCms seems to be able to do what I think I mean... Like Adalo.. a new user for the one app above has to register before they can use that app even though the app has only 1 database.. but when registered they can enter whatever user name and pass they want... But they are all using the same database which was made with the app... no matter how many users use it...  is that right.. if so.. how do I do it ...

Best Regards

Linda...

I went down the Android way as a last resort so each apk install has the same database on each user and is kept on their phone.

@linda-rainey I think you don't need neoPhp nor a shared remote database then!
Please take a look at neoLocalStore to store local data and neoSQL to use SQL querys on JSON data (neoSqlJson command).
This way you can store JSON data on each user device and use it as a real database. It should work as a classic WebApp, PWA, pwabuilder.com compiled PWA or VoltBuilder compiled PWA. Or even as a Desktop app using neoEdge!

Regards.

Luis.

Linda Rainey

WoW! Luis.. That is a Must to check out.. I am all in favour for any that stores data in whatever they using.. Last thing is on my web hosting.. even with unlimited Bandwidth..

I will check this out this morning...

and let you know...

Super Regards

Linda..

"Strooth" Luis..

That is all above my head... I have looked at all samples .. but the samples expect you to know how to get to the samples...

So!.. Time to call this a day and go back to my Delphi/Rad

as I can't find an actual simple demo from start to finish to play with... that will work on my existing "Detector3000" PWA app

with a few fields in.. like below... I can make... that the user can add.. delete.. update

1)item Name.. = "Ides of March"  ...

2) Item Found ... = "Roman Coin" ...

3) Item Found Where ... = "Hadrians Wall"

Regards

Linda..

PreviousPage 3 of 3
Open chat
Do you need more info?
Hi, do you have any doubt?