Small problem with Variable - Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Small problem with Variable

Hello to all.

I need a small help that I have with variable. I make a small example that I put a text entry that I put the variable [test] that is 15.20 and I try to see it with the value that i put in the page enter.

I can't find how to write in the text entry the variable and the neobook understand that is variable and to show it at text.

Can you help me? Is it possible?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hello,

I do not get the idea what you want to do.

When I type the 15.20 in the top text entry and hit the button, the [example] gets filled with the 15.20 and is shown in the bottom text object. A variable [text] is never used in your demo.

Regards

Hans-Peter

Thank you for your answer.

I will try to explain to you the idea. First of all variable [text] is not used in the example but I use the variable [test] that is equal to 15.20.

I try to put as text the [test] variable at the top and when you press the button to show it down the 15.20.  It is like when you press the button the app runs this expression:

SetVar "[example]" "[test]"

So the [example] variable to be equal with the 15.20

About the real problem I try to make a program for products and in the description field to replace the text variable [Height] and [Width] with the value that I put in an other field.

Is it clear now?

@sakismor

I too don't understand what you really want but i assume you want the "Example" Text Field to change or resize to 15.20 when you press the button, or to any other size, depends what you put in. Example 15mm height x 20mm width.

First of all it's not necessary to put "[test]" variable name in "InputText Field". Without it, it will still work.

Secondly you need two variables to add "Height" and "Width" and then resize your "TextEntry" to that size.

See demo pub.

Hope this help

Uploaded files:

No puedes usar variables como texto predeterminado en un InputText.

En Page Enter cambia SetVar "[test]" "15.20" por SetVar "[InputText]" "15.20".

Borra la palabra "[test]" de las propiedades del objeto InputText.

En el PushButton2 utiliza GetObjectInfo "InputText" "Caption" "[example]"

Uploaded files:

Thank you all for the replies!!!

I make a new pub that can explain better my problem. Please download it.

I explain what exactly I want to do:

In the left side is where I insert my products informations. Product name, height and width. The description must be general for all my products and I am not having to put the datas again. (Product name, height and width) So to grap the text from the up fields.

In the right side:

-up is the description that I get now ( not the right one)

-down is the description that I like to have.

Please ask me if you have any questions.

Uploaded files:

See if this is what you want

Uploaded files:

Thank you for your solution.

But I just need to make it work not programmatically but if you published the pub.

I need to understand the Neobook the variables that I put in the text entry as variables and change them.

Is that possible?

I FIXED IT FOR YOU,   @sakismor

It was tricky because you were using special characters in your InputText

I removed the special characters from the input text (and left only the needed text) but inserted them again when the Send Data button is pushed, and now everything works as you would want it to.

http://www.awareware.com/NEOWINPLUGINS/testxx.pub

Always watch out for these characters in your Input Text. It is best to keep them out completely and insert them later with a string replace...

setvar "[quotemark]" "[#34]"
setvar "[bracketleft]" "[#91]"
setvar "[bracketright]" "[#93]"
setvar "[verticalline]" "[#124]"
setvar "[carriagereturn]" "[#13]"

• good luck with your project!

luishp, Vadim and proforma.guyot have reacted to this post.
luishpVadimproforma.guyot

@fkapnist remember to mention @sakismor using the "@" before his user name. This way he will receive an automatic email with your answer to his question.

Thank you!

fkapnist has reacted to this post.
fkapnist
Open chat
Do you need more info?
Hi, do you have any doubt?