Software for Run In Rectangle - Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Software for Run In Rectangle

The one thing about Neo that I've not (yet) endeavored to do is embed other software titles into Neo using the Run In Rect command.   I will be doing a bit of that I think in the coming months.  But in the meantime I was thinking that a thread that is to list those software titles that CAN be run in this way, might be beneficial to some of us .

And so, what have YOU successfully "run in rectangle" ?

@rcohen

For example, I ran Sumatra PDF (https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/downloadafter) to display PDF files. This is a great free program that has a portable version. And it can display PDF, EPUB, MOBI, CHM, XPS, DjVu, CBZ and CBR as well as image files (maybe something else I haven't tried).

luishp, CN_Iceman and rcohen have reacted to this post.
luishpCN_Icemanrcohen

Notepad. Most Windows System programs , such as Write, Paint, etc. Chrome browser. Edge browser. (Firefox does not work). MPV Player. And of course any other apps you create with NEOWin can be put in the rectangle of another app.

(or a NEOWeb app can be put in a WebrowserObject or a rectangle using neoEdge.exe)

Vadim and rcohen have reacted to this post.
Vadimrcohen

Hi @fkapnist

I have tried to embed Chrome and it did not work.  Might you share the process by which you used it?  Just using the exe directly didn't work for me.

Thanks!!

Quote from rcohen on January 11, 2022, 3:51 am

Hi @fkapnist

I have tried to embed Chrome and it did not work.  Might you share the process by which you used it?  Just using the exe directly didn't work for me.

Thanks!!

Try these:

RunInRectangle "Rectangle1" "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" "--kiosk --disable-features=TranslateUI --disable-notifications --app=https://www.mtv.com/" "" "" "[ChromeApp]"
RunInRectangle "Rectangle1" "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" "--disable-features=TranslateUI --disable-notifications --app=https://www.fortune.com/" "" "" "[ChromeApp]"
RunInRectangle "Rectangle1" "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" "--start-fullscreen --disable-features=TranslateUI --disable-notifications --app=https://www.reuters.com/" "" "" "[ChromeApp]"

your app may need to be always on top

luishp and rcohen have reacted to this post.
luishprcohen

Thanks  @fkapnist, I'll give that a run ;-)

I gave all three of these a test run.  They ALL worked (sort of) but didn't want to resize, elements rendered outside of pub frame, and overall it didn't work 100%.
I can see where this would be handy to perhaps show a banner of something in the pub that is on line so it has some use, but sadly, I couldn't create a browser based software with this method.
I get the STRONG feeling that by the end of 22, we will have multiple choices of browsers ;-)
Thanks again for sharing.
Vadim, CN_Iceman and fkapnist have reacted to this post.
VadimCN_Icemanfkapnist
Quote from rcohen on January 12, 2022, 4:50 am
I gave all three of these a test run.  They ALL worked (sort of) but didn't want to resize, elements rendered outside of pub frame, and overall it didn't work 100%.
I can see where this would be handy to perhaps show a banner of something in the pub that is on line so it has some use, but sadly, I couldn't create a browser based software with this method.
I get the STRONG feeling that by the end of 22, we will have multiple choices of browsers ;-)
Thanks again for sharing.

Unfortunately, Chrome will pop up an unwanted "Restore Previous Session" dialog, which blocks and throws everything else out of sync.  I don't know why a previous session is more important than what you are doing now? There are also unwanted popups that offer to translate, etc. Anyway, Edge works much better and neoEdge.exe is for sure the easiest browser plugin for VisualNEO

rcohen has reacted to this post.
rcohen

Thanks for the feedback and the information.  I know Alberto is continuing to work on his Chromium plugin...  and there is a chance at other methods coming down the pike.  I will have to check out the command set (functions) of neoEdge ...

Thanks again.

Open chat
Do you need more info?
Hi, do you have any doubt?